I know. It's unbelievable how much I look like Xena, Warrior Princess. Except, you know, shorter. And with red brown hair - wow, with the return to my natural color, I'm even more Warrior Princess than before! My name is Jenny, and I'm the 37 year old mother to three wild children, aged 10, 9, and 7. We live in Northern California. Since becoming a mother, I've been alternately frustrated, charmed, awestruck and dumbstruck at the changes in myself and my life.I started this blog in 2004 as a way to keep it all straight, and keep it real. This is my life. Thank you for reading. Your comments are welcome.
"Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it." ~~ Salvador Dali
So, Anyway: Here's my 100 Things
1. I was born in the town where I currently live.
2. I met my husband at work and got fired for dating him.
3. I knew the second I saw him that he was the guy for me.
4. He was scared of me, though.
5. I went through a huge country-western line dance phase.
6. I look pretty cute in cowboy boots.
7. I look like a dork in a cowboy hat.
8. I’m barely five feet tall.
9. I am usually cheerful.
10. I’m the middle child of three siblings.
11. I let compliments go to my head.
12. I have unbelievable levels of self-confidence.
13. Ironically, I never do anything that requires a high level of skill.
14. Unless you count errands with three kids.
15. I do count it.
16. I used to work in accounting offices.
17. I was good at it, but hated it.
18. I have been a housewife/SAHM for 6 years.
19. I’m a lousy housekeeper.
20. I love cleaning systems and advice.
21. New cleaning supplies make me feel hopeful.
22. I’m a born salesperson.
23. I love to give advice, especially unsolicited.
24. I am an insufferable know-it-all.
25. I don’t think I’ve had my heyday yet.
26. I’ve been on the internet since a 2400 baud modem was standard.
27. I am still in contact with some of friends I made via the internet in 1991.
28. I’m so scared of THAT.
29. I’m impatient on occasion.
30. I think I’m laid back.
31. Lots of internet quizzes say I’m not.
32. I also think I’m low-maintenance.
33. I think internet quizzes are bunk.
34. Except the online IQ test which gave me 3 more points than my hubs.
35. My kids are all daredevils.
36. I have an obnoxious belly laugh.
37. If you make me laugh, I’ll love you forever.
38. Unless you are a jerk, then forget it.
39. I am an excellent mimic, and unconciously pick up accents.
40. I have lots of opinions.
41. I keep my politics and religion to myself.
42. Unless someone asks me directly.
43. I don’t like to argue.
44. I do like to debate, but I like to call it sharing.
45. I know all the words to Dolly Parton’s 9 to 5.
46. I also know all the words to LL Cool J’s Mama Said Knock You Out.
47. I’m not sure why I know either of those.
48. I like musicals.
49. I’m a big goofball.
50. I have a tiara, and I like to wear it.
51. My husband is a big goofball too.
52. I was one of 17 Jennifers in my high school class.
53. In a class of 200.
54. I never finished college.
55. I was an English major.
56. I might go back someday.
57. I was married on September 11, which we thought was so funny, because I was newly pregnant. Emergency wedding, 911 ha ha ha.
58. This was before 9-11 had a national tragedy associated with it.
59. My youngest was born on Friday the 13th.
60. I am great at reading body language.
61. You would have to knock me out and throw me out of a plane to get me to skydive.
62. I am a certified scuba diver, but I never go.
63. I go on big cooking binges.
64. I studied to be a pastry chef for one semester.
65. I decided I didn’t want to work at 2 am, for $8.50 an hour.
66. I would really love it if someone would pay me for being me.
67. I like glittery things.
68. I am not classy.
69. I wanted to be Japanese for several years after visiting Japan.
70. I hate nori
71. I have friends from many backgrounds.
72. I have an opera singing sister, and a red-headed brother.
73. I would be the best show ever on Dr. Phil.
74. But he scares me. Really really scares me.
75. I swear a little too much, but usually for comic value.
76. Every car I’ve owned has been silver.
77. It doesn’t show dirt as much.
78. I cry at fireworks and parades.
79. I tell jokes at inappropriate times.
80. I embarrass my mother with my crassness.
81. I love to travel.
82. I know a few words in Swahili
83. I love being a mom.
84. I always assume that people are checking me out, favorably, I might add, when I’m out and about.
85. I’m probably wrong, but don’t burst my bubble.
86. I am sheltered, and know it.
87. I hate bigots.
88. I have huge earlobes.
89. I have blue eyes.
90. I nursed for a total of 52 months.
91. My boobs deserve an all expense paid trip to Bali.
92. I love to make up cheers and to pretend I’m a cheerleader.
93. I will take up golf in my 40s.
94. I plan on getting hotter as I age.
95. I have had long hair most of my life, but recently cut it to shoulder length.
96. I know, whoopee.
97. I frequently fill my Amazon.com shopping cart and then abandon it.
98. My husband calls me a fiscal retard. But he is SO wrong. I am excellent.
99. I use too many big words, and pronounce them wrong.
100.I’m irritated that I still have not won the lottery.